Lazarus A500 is an external expansion that allows to plug any A500 accelerator compatible on the left edge connector of an Amiga 500.
- 68000 socket.
1 CF socket available, second socket is not available (due CF socket stock).
- Two ide ports. You can plug a cf adapter or your MLC drive or a CDROM.
- High quality edge connector.
- Vampire 500 SPI ports (V500+ V2 and V2.1) (requires a 3v3 ENC28J60 module).
- Ide passthrough (it uses the current ide available on the accelerator for better compatibility).
- Designed in 4 layers.
Accelerators & cpu tested:
- Vampire 500+ V2
- A500 rev6 (requires to solder the reset signal from the edge connector of the a500, there is a solder bridge).
- A500 +
- A500 a1k
- Lazarus requires to remove the internal CPU from the A500.
- A 44 female to female ide bus cable required in order to connect the ide accelerator to the
CF socketide port onboard. (example: https://es.aliexpress.com/item/33044685379.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.21c36399YORiRU&algo_pvid=ee6073cb-c7eb-4d9d-b51d-c28cfd78cafb&algo_expid=ee6073cb-c7eb-4d9d-b51d-c28cfd78cafb-57&btsid=ee4226f7-06da-4037-8627-adb63c19ef75&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_10,searchweb201603_53)
- It depends on which accelerator you have, some accelerators has the Ide connector near the Lazarus ide connector others don’t.
Note: CPU on the pics is not included :). Build time, up to 2 days after order.
- Due to some changes on the V2.2> V500 boards and their cores the current 10 pin connector for the IDC cable between the lazarus and the V500 is not compatible with these new V500 versions. The only way to take advantage of this connector is by using duponds cables. Thanks to Milos Radovanovic to point this out.
By the time the Lazarus was designed the INT signal is not connected on the ENC footprint so you will need to add a dupont cable between your ENC module and pin 9 of the Vampire.